Thursday, August 29, 2013

Finished Socks! And a new project OTN

Well, I got distracted yesterday and didn't end up doing a second post about what's on the needles. But, in my defense it's because I was finishing up a project, and thus, by the end of the day it was no longer OTN, but in fact a new finished project. 

I've finished the FINAL pair of socks from the socktopus book! This pattern is called 2luvcrew, and you can check out the Ravelry Pattern page HERE.

I knit these in Cephalopod yarns Skinny Bugga yarn in "Purple Soldier Fly". I really love this yarn and hope to get some more fun colored skeins this year at Rhinebeck. 


Sometime in the next few days I'm going to try to compile a little collection of my pictures of all the Socktopus socks and will hopefully get that posted here. 

So! Now that I've finished the lovely purple socks picture above, I bet you're wondering "what now?"  Well! I decided to cast on another pair of socks. After going on a break from socks since May, I'm really excited to get back into making them. I've had the yarn and this pattern picked out for a long time and I'm excited to finally get them knit up. I chose this pair to cast on because the pattern is easier and so should be good for bringing along when Lane and I go out and about during the long weekend. The yarn is Nalani yarns sparkle sock in Cheshire Cat, and I picked what I think is an appropriate pattern to go along with this Alice in Wonderland themed yarn: Down the Rabbit Hole

Here's my progress so far (not much since I just started) but I'm excited to see how these turn out! I already tried on the tiny piece I knit up and they should fit nicely.


I'm hoping to make quick progress on these socks and get my sweater for Rhinebeck cast on ASAP. I plan to get a swatch knit up for that by this weekend. (so there may be more pictures to post soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment