Monday, January 20, 2014

2 more projects finished and it's still Jan.!

Well, I'm pleased to say that this was a very good weekend for knitting. The long drive to and from VT really does facilitate getting in a lot of knitting in a relatively short amount of time since there's really not much else to do in the car besides knitting or napping. 

So, what did I finish you ask?
Firstly, I finished up those lace anklets from my last post. I really like how these turned out! And even though I keep saying I want to make more anklets, I never seem to get around to it, so I'm really glad I got these ones done so quickly. Now I just have to wait for it to warm up so I can wear these (they're definitely more of a spring sock than a winter one!)


The second thing I finished was a striped slouchy hat. I ended up knitting the entire thing on Sunday. I started it in the morning and finished it up before we got home from VT. This pattern was quick and easy and I love the fit of the hat!


I usually wouldn't have dropped everything to work on something so last minute, but since the Harry Potter house cup group was giving special points if you could knit a full project (with 4 patterns to choose from) in a day, I just had to go for it. I'm glad I did! I wore it all afternoon once it was finished and I usually can't stand wearing hats for too long!


I'm also glad I'm participating in a knit-along that gives points for all the things you can complete in a month. It really helps me keep my momentum up, and will hopefully help in my resolution to decrease my yarn stash this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment