Friday, January 24, 2014

Color Affection progress and a new Cast On

Good news, making a schedule for weekly progress on a large project has really been working for me. I've reached my goal of 30% complete for this week (which I know thanks to the nifty spreadhseet a kind person on Ravelry made to track one's progress). I have just 2 more pink stripes to go before I add in the green! 


Kind of an awkward picture, but hey I didn't feel like getting up from the couch and re-arranging haha. And you can see one of my favorite project bags poking out on the left next to my leg, My Super Mario Bros bag from Slipped Stitch Studios. 

And since I am sticking to my plan of making my 10% weekly shawl goal and then moving on to something else to prevent boredom I cast on a new pair of socks. Say hello to the cuff of my Peeta socks.


I'm excited to be working on these for a couple of reasons. Firstly this pair is inspired by Hunger games and is by Yavanna Reynolds. I've knit 2 of her other patterns already (Effie and Prim) and I really enjoyed them! Fun to knit and fun to wear. 

Secondly, these have been in my queue since the pattern came out back in March 2012. I even saw the design take shape when Yavanna posted about them in the sock knitter's anonymous Ravelry goup and said to myself, "Wow, I really want to make a pair of those."

 So, back in the spring of 2012 I went and ordered the yarn to make these. When it arrived I wound it up with the best intentions to start right away. I can't really tell what happened after that other than me being distracted easily, but this yarn has been sitting patiently, waiting to be made into socks. 

I'm proud to say I'm sticking to my 2014 stash down efforts, and am still choosing to prioritize using yarn and a pattern I've had in my stash for far too long. Can't wait to really get going on these and see the wheat pattern take shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment