Tuesday, February 4, 2014

One Peeta Sock Done

Well, I'm not going to lie, I was hoping to have more progress to show before posting again, but heck if I always waited then I wouldn't keep up with the posting... AKA what usually happens. So here goes. 

I finished the first Peeta (from Hunger Games) sock! It's a bit loose, so I probably could have gotten away with making the size small rather than the size medium, but I think they'll be just fine for wearing. I went with the simple striped toe option so I could use more green yarn and also I feel Peeta is a character her appreciates the simple things. (The pattern had an option for a fancy toe where the wheat stems create a point at the end)


I don't know why I didn't start these socks sooner. The pattern looks cool, is fun to knit and the yarn is super soft! I'll likely be checking out Wandering Wool again sometime in the near future now that I've finally used my skein (and love it! so soft and the color is great!).

As for my color affection, I've stayed on track! Having weekly goals is still working really well for me, and I think I'll try and make a breakdown of all future big projects to try and keep myself from getting stuck in huge hibernation ruts. 
And I even have a semi exciting update pic! Since I've just added in the lime green (the lighting isn't great, but hey, you get what you get):


Hopefully I'll have a post with a finished pair of socks within the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment